June 21, 2021 St. Paul’s Uehling 700 pm
FALP member in attendance: Don Von Seggern, David and Donna Von Seggern, Bruce Ferguson, Dale Miller, Deb Wegner Vicar Bob, Tim Wobken, Roni Wobken for Lori Peters
Call to Order
Don called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
Donna gave a devotion called “Have a Good Day”
Secretary’s minutes we approved pending one correction to last month’s minutes, stating that there would be no site profile submitted to the Synod as Ridgely was advocating for.
Tim Wobken has taken over Mary Roemers treasure duties. He is going through her books and will be reporting on them.
Vicar Bob reported that the communion permission papers were sent to theSynod by Don. These will be due again next year. He will need reports from the church councils to Synod periodically
He will be doing a funeral at St. John’s Ridgeley for Stanley Stuehmer
Names for Signature Card/Approval of Names
We discussed adding names to the bank signature card. A motion was made by Bruce to add Deb Wegner, Dale Miller and Dawn Peters to the signature card at First National Bank in Hooper. They will provide two forms of ID and sign the card in Hooper. David seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Laptop from Mary R.
Tim will check if FALP purchased the laptop for Mary or if it belonged to her .
Car Wash ideas
The FALP car wash is planned for the 25th of July from 1p.m. to 3p.m.at the Mohr Auditorium in Scribner. This will be a free will event.
Dawn and Deb will bring towels, Roni will provide buckets, David will bring hoses. This event will be publicized on Facebook, the FALP website and church bulletins. We will also see if we can put flyers in the Rustler and have flyers to hand out at the SQ 150 in Scribner. We will have 45 minute shifts and will need 8-10 people for each shift. Roni will share a link to sign up for shifts. Each car will receive water and Bruce will get this and cooler to keep it cold.
Upcoming Schedule/Events in the Parish
- Vicar Bob reported that the parishes can participate in a “”Community Hymn Sing” on July 4th at the Hooper park from 3:30 -4:30 p.m. Each church can have a solo if they want to participate.
- Vicar also said that the money set aside for the Prepare & Enrich may have other small fees which he will inform the council of for approval to be put on the credit card for reimbursement.
- David will check on a trailer for the float for the fair. We may call a work night to fix this up for the Dodge County Fair parade.
- There will be a Confirmation Jubilee at St. John’s County Line on August 29, 2021 and at Ridgeley in Sept.
- Pulpit supply will be adjusted so Ridgeley can get to meet Sandy Terry.
Our next meeting will be at St. John’s Ridgeley on August 16th at 7:00 p.m.
Dawn made a motion to adjourn, this was seconded by Dale. Motion carried.
Meeting was closed at 7:54 p.m. with the Lord’s Prayer.